Term & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Hire of Crick Community Sports Centre
Hereinafter Crick Community Sports Centre shall be referred to as ‘CCSC’ and the Hirer named on the online booking form as ‘the Hirer’. All Hirers when confirming a booking will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. CCSC includes the car park, MUAWP (multi-use-all-weather-pitch), pavilion and community room.
- Booking. The person named on the online booking form shall be considered the Hirer. Where an organisation is named, the person booking hereby confirms that they do so with full authority of the organisation. The Hirer must be over 21 years of age.
- The Hirer should be aware of the Fire Safety Floor Plan of GVH which is on display. Hirers are responsible for health and safety issues and providing information about safety procedures, Fire Exits etc. Hirers are not permitted to enter the loft space of CCSC. Any accident must be recorded in the CCSC Accident Book – e-mail email@example.com for a form.
- Hire Charges. The hire charges are published on the website www.crickcommunitysportscentre.org and determined by CCSC.
- In the event of cancellation, refunds will be at the sole discretion of CCSC. Cancellations on the day of hire will not be refunded.
- Right of refusal. CCSC may refuse any booking for the hire of the facilities at CCSC without stating a reason. Village organisations shall have priority over other bookings, but no organisation shall be deemed to have an undisputed right to an unbreakable series of bookings. All decisions by CCSC shall be final.
- Alcohol. NO sale of alcoholic drinks may be undertaken unless permission is sought from CCSC and a Temporary Event Notice in force obtained by the Hirer. No events may be advertised stating the availability of alcoholic drinks for sale without the prior permission of CCSC.
- Public Entertainments, Music, Dancing, Theatre and Performing Rights Society and Other Licences. The Hirer is responsible for obtaining the All required licences to enable the intended activity to take place and observe any conditions attached such licences. A copy of such licences must be provided to CCSC. All music must cease at 11.45 pm, and the community room must be vacated by midnight.
- Occupation and use. The hire of CCSC is for the specific agreed times shown on the online booking form and does not entitle the Hirer to use or enter the premises at any other time. CCSC shall only be used for lawful activities. CCSC does not represent that CCSC is suitable for any particular purpose and the Hirer must satisfy themselves in this respect.
- Sub-let. The Hirer shall not sublet CCSC or any part thereof.
- All advertising of events should conform to the conditions of hire. Advertising includes posters, newspaper inserts, magazine inserts, tickets, radio and television announcements, social media, internet websites, and all other forms of media. Advertising which contravenes the conditions of hire may result in the cancellation of the hire and forfeit of the hire fee.
- Breakages and Damage. The Hirer is responsible for all damage to CCSC, equipment, furniture, flooring, fixtures, fittings and property at CCSC occurring during the period of the hiring or while persons are entering or leaving CCSC pursuant to the hire, however and by whomsoever caused. The Hirer will be responsible for replacement ‘as new’ of any equipment, flooring, fixtures, fittings, furniture or property and for the full cost of making good any damage to CCSC.
- Culpability. Except for wilful negligence on the part of CCSC, CCSC shall not be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, the Hirers or any third parties property arising out of the hiring, nor for any loss, damage, or injury which may be incurred by, or be done to or happen to, any person or persons using the building during the hiring, arising from any cause whatsoever or for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure or supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God which may cause the Building to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled. The Hirer shall indemnify CCSC against any claim which may arise out of the hiring or which may be made by any person using the building during the hiring in respect of any loss damage or injury.
- Entry. The right of entry to CCSC is reserved to CCSC and any other agent of CCSC and any police officer at any time during the hiring.
- Conduct and Good Order. The Hirer shall ensure that good order is kept at CCSC during the hiring. The Hirer will also ensure that those attending the engagement maintain good order during arrival and departure from CCSC. At all times the Hirer will take reasonable care to ensure that the occupants of neighbouring properties are not inconvenienced by noise, obstruction by vehicles and the like.
- Cessation of activity. CCSC or Committee Member(s) reserves the right to put a stop to any entertainment or meeting not properly or reasonably conducted.
- Condition on vacation. On vacation of CCSC, the Hirer shall leave CCSC in a clean and orderly state. All rubbish and any other waste matter must be cleared from the building and suitably disposed of in the receptacles provided. In the case of large events all rubbish must be taken away by the hirer. All tables and chairs must be returned into the same positions as found upon entry and additional tables and chair used must be put back in the storeroom. Hirers will be fined £50 if CCSC is not left in a clean and orderly state.
- No additions to the building. No fixtures/fitments of any kind shall be driven into any part of CCSC nor shall any placard or other articles be fixed hereto.
- Property of the Hirer and the Hirer’s agent must be removed from CCSC upon the expiration of the hiring or fees will be charged for each hour or part thereof until the same is removed. CCSC accepts no responsibility for any property left on the premises after the hiring. In the case of bazaars, jumble sales and any other occasion when property is brought into the premises for sale, all property remaining unsold at the termination of the hiring will be considered the property of the Hirer for the purpose of the condition.
- Signage. The Hirer shall remove any sign, flag, emblem or other decoration displayed by the Hirer outside or inside the Building if in the opinion of CCSC or Committee Member it shall be unseemly or expose the Building to an undue risk of fire or in the opinion of CCSC or its agent is likely to lead to disturbance or a breach of the peace.
- Fire Exits. No exits may be blocked, chairs or other obstructions must not be placed in front of heaters or fire appliances removed or tampered with, and fire doors must not be propped open.
- Lighting. No additional lights or extension from the existing electric light fittings shall be used without the previous consent of CCSC.
- Stage shows. Any show involving the use of scenery or the like or a stage is subject to the inspection and approval 14 days prior to the engagement by the local Authority and, if appropriate, Fire Brigade. Evidence of such approval must be provided to CCSC.
- Capacities. The maximum number of persons allowed in the community room at any one time is 80, with a maximum of 80 standing/dancing or 60 seated at tables.
- Smoking. Smoking is NOT permitted in any part of CCSC unless outside any of the hired areas.
- Hire Period. The hire period is the time that the hirer commences and finishes using the hall. It includes the time taken for setting up and clearing up
- Insurance. CCSC is insured for public liability but ALL hirers need to ensure that they are insured for any activity that they intend to carry out, insure any employees if applicable and obtain any other insurances that are reasonably necessary.